I once had a well-intentioned person ask me if I “do therapy on [my]self.” While therapists can use some of the techniques they might teach their clients, there isn’t a way to replicate the therapeutic relationship with…yourself. There is intrinsic value in talking to and connecting with another human being about your struggles.
Here are “11 Very Good Reasons To Go To Therapy,” per the Huffington Post. I would add a few:
12. You are bored or overwhelmed with your work.
13. You feel “stuck” in life.
14. You are experiencing challenges with your children.
15. Death in your/your partner’s family.
16. You have a big decision to make.
*This is not an exhaustive list. Talking to a therapist can be (& should be) life-giving!